This programme is designed to follow NZ Fashion Tech’s Certificate programmes.
The Diploma Programme provides an opportunity for people with core skills and interest in the fashion industry to gain an advanced qualification that will increase their prospects of employment.
It offers textile, apparel and production technology, specification sheet production, CAD/CAM, and advanced skills in pattern making and garment construction. The programme culminates in a runway presentation of student designed garments, The Diploma showcase.
The structure is designed to move the students during the year, from a tutor directed delivery mode, to one that is largely self directed, as the students gain the skills and knowledge to work independently – albeit with continuing supervision.
After completing this programme, you will receive the following qualification:
- New Zealand Diploma in Apparel and Fashion Technology (Level 5)
Find out more - New Zealand Diploma in Apparel and Fashion Technology (Level 5)
What you will learn
Some of the skills you will learn on the Diploma in Fashion Technology are:
- Textile, apparel and production technology
- Specification sheet production
- Advanced skills in pattern making
- Advanced skills in garment construction
Find out more about the programmes we offer and how you can kick-start your career in the fashion industry.
- Successful completion of the Certificate in Pattern Design or equivalent industry skills and experience
- Demonstrate effective communication skills appropriate to the workplace
- Achievement of NZQA Unit 17915 or demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety practices
- Demonstrate a level of literacy and numeracy appropriate to the workplace
- Basic computer literacy
- Some medical conditions may preclude entry due to health and safety requirements
Where You Can Study
You can study for this programme at:
Dates and Times
PC Code: PC9701
Intakes In February.
The programme is 38 weeks long and the hours are:
Monday – Thursday 8.45am– 3.00pm. Friday 8.45am– 2.30pm
Diploma in Fashion Technology:
Fees on application.
International students should contact us for information on this programme.
Approx $400 – Fabrics and haberdashery
Programme Outline Document
Download the Programme Outline Document, which covers the three programmes that we offer students together with some basic information about NZ Fashion Tech.
Key INFORMATION For Students
View the information for this qualification on https://info4learners.education.govt.nz using the link below:
GET IN TOUCH
Contact us for an informal chat about starting your career in the fashion industry and to arrange a visit to one of our campuses.